OSX INSTALL ISSUES
Right click the .dmg file and select open
You might get a warning: this may give an “Okay” this time or say “unidentified developer.”
If it goes to unidentified developer, you’ll open system settings and go to security, and there will be a button for “Open Anyway” in the bottom right corner.
The other scenario is the warning may have an “Okay” in it when you right click, and it’ll just open from there.
For much more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491
And thanks to iZotope for this one: https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025587254-Install-error-can-t-be-opened-because-it-is-from-an-unidentified-developer-
- In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
- Type ~/Library/Caches in the “Go to the folder” field.
- Press the Go button
- Remove the “com.apple.audiounits.cache” file.
- Remove the ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache folder
Be aware this can take a long time if you have a lot of plugins.
- Double left click to return value to unity gain or default state or enter direct entry mode for text boxes
- Double right click to return to preset default
- Control drag for fine tune
If you are on Windows, Steinberg requires the installer to place VST3 plugins in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. You can move them after if you’d like, at your own risk.
This should be fixed now
MULTI BAND GATE
The threshold control is for the detector itself. The original, primary purpose of the MBG was to deal with the classic problem of cymbals in the tom mics and hi hats in the snare mic. In that case, you would most likely want the gates to start the opening process at the same time, but have different general closing time (as well as attack times in some cases).
But for creative purposes, a detector selector per band may be added later.